Your dream is no different from those of your brothers and sisters of the U.S. military. You return home from honorable service and find the house of your dreams. Finding and qualifying for a mortgage loan should not be another uphill battle.
A VA home loan is a mortgage insured by the Department of Veterans Affairs (“VA”). Those eligible for VA loans include:
- Active-duty military personnel
- U.S. Military Veterans
- Surviving spouses of military service persons who die while on duty or as a result of military service
- Some reservists and National Guardsmen
- 100% LTV is subject to Veterans Full Eligibility
The typical VA loan offers 100% financing, meaning no down payment. Compared with a conventional, the VA loan has other benefits:
- The interest rate on a VA loan is usually lower, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Borrowers who take out VA loans only have to pay certain closing costs called ‘allowables.’ The other costs are paid either by the seller or by the lender making the loan.
Some things to consider with a VA loan:
- Purchase either a new construction or existing single-family home; primary residence only.
- 15-20-25- or 30-year terms, with as little as $0 down payment.
- A fixed-rate mortgage loan with a lower interest rate.
- Veterans with a 30% or more disability may qualify for additional interest rate reduction.
- Loans are originated in conjunction with FHA, VA, or conventional financing and by a participating lender, such as CrossCountry Mortgage
*All loans are subject to underwriting or investor approval. Other restrictions may apply. This is not an offer of credit or a commitment to lend. Guidelines subject to change.